Tuesday, December 1, 2020

How TN confuses family and friends...

 Over the years, friends/family/well-wishing people/or just confused people have said some statements that highlighted their lack of understanding of TN. I'll try to summarize them here: 

  • Have you had your teeth looked at?
  • How's your jaw pain? 
  • How's your headaches?
  • Have you tried essential oils?
  • I've had pains like that before
  • Isn't it about time you outgrew that? 
  • ...18 years into the illness "What's wrong?"
  • You should try "Hospital (Whatever) - they're the BEST!"
  • Have you tried (insert any medication name here)
  • You seem quiet
  • You're still out of work? wow
  • My friend takes (whatever medication) and says it works GREAT for him
  • It's probably stress
  • Maybe it's the iced tea that you drink
  • You have TN now? oh it's because you were so stressed out last month (or whenever)
  •  Maybe THIS surgery will actually work
  • There must be something they can do
  • These doctor's really need to get on the ball
There are SO many more! I'll add them when I think of them.

No comments: