This recent recurrence of TN has been by far the hardest to stop. I am getting absolutely obliterated.
I had RadioFrequency Rhizotomy + Glycerol surgery on 11/12/20. Unfortunately, I left with more problems than I entered with. I, obviously, never expected this to occur.
My prior surgeries with the amazing Dr. Ronald Brisman were so successful. He was able to stop TN and get me back to work in days. This time I went to Johns Hopkins because the amazing Dr. Brisman passed away. (Rest in peace and all my gratitude)
When I walked into the surgery, I had been having intermittent severe stabbing/shocking TN pains. I still have those but now I have 10 minute timeframes in which it is nonstop. Imagine the pattern of a throb but imagine the throb has the worst pain known to man, over and over. TN now brings me to the floor which it didn't always do prior to surgery.
My doctors are trying everything possible to stop this. I feel like I have half of CVS in my medicine cabinet at this point due to the trial/fail/switch of meds. I'm SO grateful that I have doctors who are willing to fight this battle with me. I can imagine that it is as frustrating for them as it is for me when plans don't work.
I've been hospitalized 4 times since 9/14. Two were in-patient stays, one was ER by ambulance and the other was ER with observation. These were all related to TN as well as compounded by electrolyte disturbances and tremor/coordination impacts. TN pain impairs my ability to eat/drink so significantly that my nutritional balance suffers.
I'm still fighting the good fight. Much love to all of the TN warriors out there. I'm right there with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment